3D expansion of stem cells
Traditional pluripotent stem cells are grown as adherent cultures, with limited and expensive scalability.
Accellta solves the scale-up and cost challenges of stem cell culturing using the Maxells™ solution.
Maxells™ cultures stem cells in suspension as clusters devoid of feeder cells without micro-carriers. Using dynamic bioreactors, Maxells™ provides a vastly cost effective means to expand stem cells in customized quantities.
Maxells™ delivers unprecedented magnitude and quality. Based on proprietary protocols developed by Accellta, it can be applied to create both research-grade as well as in clinical-grade feeder-free xeno-free cultures.
- Concentration: >20 million cells/ml
- Expansion factor: X25 in 10 days
- Suitable for undifferentiated pluripotent stem cells and progenitor cells
- Does not require enzymatic splitting
- Rock inhibitor-free, xeno-free defined medium
- Medium easily refreshed every two-three days
- Straightforward perfusion process in bioreactors
- Easy transition from suspension culture back to adherent culture
- Feeder cell-free
- Homogenous exposure to medium’s nutrients
- >95% of cells are pluripotent; <5% spontaneous differentiation
- Karyotype stability
- High viability rate
Maxells™ suspension culturing technology can be used on Accellta's cell lines, or following tailoring modifications, can be used on a customer’s distinctive cell lines.